Joar Jegleim wrote:
thnx for your reply Matus

Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
On 27.11.08 15:02, Joar Jegleim wrote:
I've been debugging a problem with a soap app (cognos planning) which
brakes when being run through our squid 3.0 proxy .
After tcpdumping the whole session and investigating with wireshark it
seems to me that the following happens
1. client performs a 'GET' in HTTP 1.1 to the proxy
2. the proxy then performs this GET against the app server, but now it's
 in HTTP 1.0
Yes, because squid only supports HTTP/1.0

3. the app server replies in HTTP 1.1 which in turn squid
The application is broken, because it must not answer in HTTP/1.1 for
HTTP/1.0 request
further investigation shows that a HTTP/1.1 request from the client is
stopped at squid with a 411 error in access.log. This request never
reaches the app server. I suspect the client using chunked encoding and
squid replies with a 411 'try again with content length'.

2.: I thought by configuring squid to 'always_direct' sessions to the
app server that squid is transparent in between the client and the app
server. As of now it seems to me that, even with bypassing squid, squid
fiddles with the HTTP version in the GET's being performed resulting in
 the application breaking. E.G. to make this work the application must
be rewritten to support giving 'content length' in those GET's where
squid gives a 411
you aren't bypassing squid with always_direct. the always_direct is SQUID
directive not to use any parent proxies, but the squid is already processing
the request.

ok, but is there any directive in squid to just pass on requests without
  changing the original request ?

CONNECT tunneling.

Amos
--