Search squid archive

Re: Different Auth methods depending who

On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 12:48:21 -0600
Luis Daniel Lucio Quiroz <luis.daniel.lucio@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> HI Squids,
>
> I wonder to know if it is possible to tell squid to let some auth-methods
> depending Browser.  We have as a security policy to use digest, the fact is
> that some clients are not digest-aware.  Such as pidgin, so I wonder if we
> detect "pidging id string" we may let he to use basic-auth just and only for
> pidging, all other browsers must use digest.
>

> Any idea,
>
> Regards,
>
> LD

I would like such a feature, too. But my motivation behind that is that
there are some clients out there which try to do NTLM over Negotiate
(WMP 11 ...) and fail. I would think of something which can work with
(request-)ACLs.

Regards
Malte