Search squid archive

Re: Log Rotation of Access.log & Cache.log

Amos Jeffries wrote:
Thompson, Scott (WA) wrote:
Hi all
A quick easy one I am sure
I have setup SARG to grab the logs each day; SARG is set to run in
cron.daily every morning at 06:25
It would appear that the cache.log and access.log files are backed up to
cache.log.1 and access.log.1 at 06:17 each morning, so by the time the
cron.daily runs SARG the logs are empty
There is nothing in the squid.conf that I am aware of that would cause
the logs to rotate and backup
Where is this coming from? Or would I just be better off changing the
cron.daily to run earlier than the last date on the .log.1 file or
changing cron.hourly to run later?
The cron.hourly is set to run at 17 past each hour but this folder is
empty and runs whatever is in the crontab!

There may be a system process rotating outside squid. Either by rotating them itself (along with squid.conf "logfile_rotate 0") or by calling "squid -k rotate".

Check for a directory "/etc/logrotate.d/" for a file called "squid". Modify the pre-rotate script (if it exists) to run SARG.

Alternatively, you should be able to specify which file SARG uses for input.

Amos

Chris