Search squid archive

Re: Squid won't load certain pages.

Well, it could be the fact that the communication now is going -via-
the Squid server - its a seperate box, seperate TCP connections, seperate
TCP stack (on the Squid box!) and that might be enough to describe the
issues.

See, Squid shouldn't be slowing down your browsing, so I really am not
sure whats going on there. It sounds like there's a bigger problem with
the Squid setup on that server? I'm not sure.

"TCP state engine" is the TCP State engine :)

http://userpages.umbc.edu/~jeehye/cmsc491b/lectures/tcpstate/sld001.htm

Don't let complicated diagrams fool you. From what you've described,
the TCP connections aren't making it to "ESTABLISHED" and so you should
be able to look at the TCP connection attempts and figure out where
its breaking - initial SYN, SYN-ACK, or ACK? (Thats the TCP three-way
handshake)

Once you've established that you should compare that to a tcpdump on a
-working- machine to the same host - see what is different about the
TCP packet exchange.

I'd even try connecting to the Wiki from your gateway/squid box using
lynx/w3m/links. If those don't work (and you've bypassed Squid!) then
its something TCP related. If it does work direct but doesn't work when
you point it at the proxy then its somehow the Squid.

Adrian