Search squid archive

Re: trying to use cache_peer (I think?)

B. Cook wrote:
Hello All,

I'm sure this will work if I can get it to.. (until I run into the next snag).

Here at the school we get free Road Runner cable access (about 2mb down). What I wanted to do is put an ipcop machine with something called updatexlrator. basically it caches the windows updates and apple and adobe updates on a seperate disk..

(I'm not asking for help with that part.. )

I'm trying to ONLY send requests for .apple.com and .microsoft.com (etc..) to this machine (which is running squid 2.6.stable19)

assuming I have everything correct on the ipcop machine..

what am I missing in my squid config to tell it to go there?

I currently have this:

cache_peer 192.168.10.1 parent 800 3130 default no-query

Peers (even parents) are not used by default on content that is not likely cacheable. If you want to send ALL traffic to the parent...

never_direct allow all

...will do it. See the FAQ (especially http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/ConfiguringSquid#head-f7c4c667d4154ec5a9619044ef7d8ab94dfda39b) for more details.

and I think that would forward all requests to this 10.1 proxy on port 800

but that doesn't seem to be happening..

any clues?

thanks in advance,

Chris