Search squid archive

Re: LDAP Squid testing

Chris Henderson wrote:
I am trying to test my Squid LDAP Authentication before I put anything
on squid.conf. When I fire up the command, it just sits there without
doing anything.
Could anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? Here's the command I am running:

squid_ldap_auth -b "dc=ad,dc=mysite,dc=com" -f samaccountname=%s -p
3268 ad.mysite.com username1 password

If I remember correctly, squid_ldap_auth, like most Squid authentication helpers expects an endless list of username/password pairs as input, not as arguments.

It's sitting there waiting for some input on the command line.

port 3268 is Microsoft Global Catalog Server which is basically a
flattened tree that allows searching for a user without knowing to
which OU they belong.

I am not trying to get any information out of the LDAP server; all I
am trying to do is test if users can authenticate via Squid LDAP so
when I put the same thing on squid.conf, nothing breaks.

Any help on this would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Chris