Search squid archive

Re: squid proxy - FTP authentication failure

On lör, 2008-01-05 at 22:06 +0800, dominic chiu wrote:

> I am using IE / ws_ftp to open the FTP through Proxy, but there are no
> prompt for me to input user name and password.

The ftp:// syntax for non-anonymous FTP is

  ftp://user:password@host/path/to/file

A client not understaning this form is broken and you should file a bug
report with the vendor of such client..

Depending on the client you may also use

  ftp://user@host/path/to/file

and Squid will then issue a HTTP challenge for the password. But not all
clients understands this.

Regards
Henrik