Search squid archive

Re: Help with minimalistic pass-thru squid proxy

securehell@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

This is how the HTTP server being connected to replies. So what
this indicates to me is that squid is examining the HTTP replies
from web servers. I would like to turn off this feature if possible.

To turn off the destination-detection parts of squid (the ones involved here) you need to NOT USE squid.

Any software program when asked to connect to the net needs to know where to connect. The client-app are telling squid to locate a place that does not exist. I don't believe this bungled string in coming out of a web browser as they obey the HTTP standards in generating URI

In order for those requests to be valid there MUST be a '/' before the '?'. Much of the software online will break without it. Squid included.

Thanks

On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 03:18:46 -0500 Amos Jeffries