Search squid archive

Re: Detecting and blocking child proxy servers

Juraj Sakala wrote:
On Tuesday 24 July 2007 12:56, Tek Bahadur Limbu wrote:
Is this possible? In other words, I want my proxy servers to detect
squid or other proxy severs which are being used or operated by others
besides me.

May it is bepossible:
- if you know your network you can use header x_forwarded_for to detect unknown networks. - if you wont to allow only your proxy servers use http_access directive with acl which contains only your proxy's
- try something like this:
	acl  myproxy req_header Via MyProxy
	http_access allow myproxy
	http_access deny all
- use authentication

Hi Juraj,

Thanks for sharing your tips.

Suppose I have the following:

acl myproxy req_header Via 192.168.100.0/24
http_access allow myproxy
http_access deny all

Now if I use this, my normal clients (192.168.101.0/24) won't be able to access my proxy server right?

What I really want to achieve is to allow normal clients to access my proxy server transparently.

But I want to stop my clients who are operating their own proxy servers to use my proxy server as either a parent or sibling.

Can you brief me the correct syntax regarding achieving this?
Any help will be highly appreciated.

I am also using google:)

Thanking you...

--