Search squid archive

Re: Twice as much memory used as accounted for

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
sön 2007-06-10 klockan 11:40 +0500 skrev rihad:

Where did the difference between Squid's actual usage (1504MB one minute before the crash) and the accounted 8420732 KB go?

Not all memory is accounted. But your difference seems a little high.

Hey, Henrik, thanks for the heads up. I have a strong suspicion that this config line is responsible for our much increased memory use:

cache_replacement_policy heap GDSF

Previously we used the heap LFUDA policy instead, at which time 1150 MB process size limit was enough to handle a 50 GB cache_dir + 256 MB cache_mem. But now 1500 MB process size is not enough to handle exactly 500 MB cache_mem with heap GDSF. Af first sight a 350MB increase in process size would be plenty to cover the 244MB increase of cache_mem. But if you take our 4,5 million cached objects with GDSF into account (as opposed to a little over 3 million with LFUDA) one can see why Squid now requires more memory than expected. Am I right in this reasoning?