Search squid archive

wbinfo_group.pl fails to detect some users' group membership

Hi list,

I'm having an issue with wbinfo_group.pl - it fails to detect some users'
group membership in my Active Directory environment.
I know that replication between domain controllers can be an issue, so I've
decided to wait a few weeks and check again, just to rule that out.
The result is still the same:
MYSERVERNAME:~# /usr/lib/squid/wbinfo_group.pl
myuserid some_group
OK
myuserid this-is-the_group-I-want
ERR

With debugging enabled:
MYSERVERNAME:~# /usr/lib/squid/wbinfo_group.pl
myuserid this-is-the_group-I-want
Got myuserid this-is-the_group-I-want from squid
User:  -myuserid-
Group: -this-is-the_group-I-want-
SID:   -S-1-5-21-10digitshere-10digitshere-10digitshere-4digitshere Domain
Group (2)- [This belongs to the line above]
GID:   -5digitshere-
Sending ERR to squid
ERR

Checking this on windows, however, I get:
U:\>net user myuserid /domain
[...]
Local Group Memberships      *yet_another_group
Global Group Memberships     *some_group
[...]
                           *this-is-the_group-I-want
[...]
                           *some-other-group

Command completed successfully.
...so everything looks fine on the Windows side.

Note: I'm running Debian Sarge, and would consider upgrading to Etch if
this is a known problem that can be fixed by upgrading.
Also, if there's a way to solve this by moving from winbind to LDAP, I'd be interested in a migration how-to document, if there is one.

Here's some more info that might be useful for debugging:

MYSERVERNAME:~# squid -v
Squid Cache: Version 2.5.STABLE9
configure options: --prefix=/usr --exec_prefix=/usr --bindir=/usr/sbin
--sbindir=/usr/sbin --libexecdir=/usr/lib/squid --sysconfdir=/etc/squid
--localstatedir=/var/spool/squid --datadir=/usr/share/squid
--enable-async-io --with-pthreads --enable-storeio=ufs,aufs,diskd,null
--enable-linux-netfilter --enable-arp-acl
--enable-removal-policies=lru,heap --enable-snmp --enable-delay-pools
--enable-htcp --enable-poll --enable-cache-digests --enable-underscores
--enable-referer-log --enable-useragent-log --enable-auth=basic,digest,ntlm
--enable-carp --with-large-files i386-debian-linux

smbd, nmbd, winbindd -v:
Version 3.0.14a-Debian

wbinfo -t:
checking the trust secret via RPC calls succeeded

wbinfo -g:
BUILTIN\system operators
BUILTIN\replicators
BUILTIN\guests
BUILTIN\power users
BUILTIN\print operators
BUILTIN\administrators
BUILTIN\account operators
BUILTIN\backup operators
BUILTIN\users
some_groups
[...]
#
[...]
some_more_groups
[...]
this-is-the_group-I-want
[...]
yet_another_group
The "#" that appears in the middle of the group list is a bit strange.
There is no such group in my Active Directory.

smb.conf excerpt:
[global]
netbios name = MYSERVERNAME
security = ads
realm = my.realm.here
password server = fqdn.of.my.password.server.here
workgroup = MYWORKGROUP
socket options = IPTOS_LOWDELAY TCP_NODELAY SO_SNDBUF=4096
SO_RCVBUF=4096 [This belongs to the line above]
encrypt passwords = true
client use spnego = yes
passdb backend = smbpasswd guest
wins support = no
wins server = ser.ver.ip.one ser.ver.ip.two ser.ver.ip.three
ser.ver.ip.four [This belongs to the line above]
os level = 0
domain master = no
local master = no
preferred master = no
ANNOUNCE VERSION = 5.2
name resolve order = lmhosts host wins bcast
dns proxy = no
preserve case = yes
short preserve case = yes
unix password sync = false
passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
passwd chat = *Enter\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n
*Retype\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n .[This belongs to the line above]
max log size = 1000
obey pam restrictions = yes
winbind use default domain = yes
winbind nested groups = yes
idmap uid = 10000-10000000
idmap gid = 10000-10000000
template shell = /bin/bash
unix charset = iso-8859-15
display charset = iso-8859-15
dos charset = 850

Please let me know how to fix this, it's really irritating as it works for
some, but not all users that are members of said group.

Kind Regards,
Stefan Baur