Search squid archive

Re: http_reply_access processing

Eugene wrote:
Hello Chris,

CR> # Allow domain computers to perform updates w/o proxy authentication
CR> http_access allow domain_comp files
CR> # Allow logged in users to access anything
CR> http_access allow domain_user
CR> # Deny non-logged in users anything not explicitly allowed
CR> http_access deny media # Send TCP_RESET
CR> http_access deny files # Send TCP_RESET
CR> http_access deny all

CR> Toss the rest.

CR> # Allow domain computers replies of octet-stream
CR> http_reply_access allow domain_comp mime_files
CR> # Allow logged in users anything
CR> http_reply_access allow domain_user
CR> # Deny non-logged in users anything not explicitly allowed
CR> http_reply_access deny mime_files # Send TCP_RESET
CR> http_reply_access deny mime_media # Send TCP_RESET
CR> http_reply_access deny all

CR> Toss the rest.

I've tested this configuration, does not work for me. It gives same
result.

But if i explicitly allow http_reply_access for domain_comp before any ntlm-based acl
it works fine.

Real world example, domain_user on domain_comp opens google.com,
and gets access is denied.

http_reply_access allow domain_comp mime_files
http_reply_access allow domain_comp #<< Here is explicit allow
http_reply_access allow domain_user # if previous line is commented, deny happens here, but it should not!

That leads me to believe that the reply mime type is not application/octet-stream, or that there is a request for a non-application in there, throwing a wrench in the whole operation.

http_reply_access deny mime_files
http_reply_access deny mime_media
http_reply_access allow all         #this rule should allow access for domain_comp

Thanks.

Chris