Search squid archive

Re: Delay pools to certain users+sites

Vladi Lemurov wrote:
Hello!
 Is it possible to configure delay pools to certain users AND sites?
E.g. when user 'michael' goes to 'google.com' no delay pools are applied. But when 'michael' aims at 'www.mp3.com' delay pools are applied. I tried to do this the following way but it doesn't work:

# here are domains of free mails, eg mail.ru
acl free_mail dstdomain "/etc/squid/free_mail.txt"

delay_pools 1
delay_class 1 2

# users of this group hit the delay pool
delay_access 1 allow mail_delay_pool_users free_mail
delay_access 1 deny

delay_parameters 1 500/500 500/500

But this the delay pool aplies to ANY site the user of 'mail_delay_pool_users' goes to. Am I doing something wrong or there is no such possibility to use delay pools to users AND sites?
        Vladi.

If I'm reading the Wiki entry correctly (http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/MiscFeatures#head-75a75a2d52fe4fb1447a5e2e428cfd504af56b01), delay pools won't wait for a DNS lookup (as required by the dstdomain ACL) to determine if there is a match. Adding...

http_access allow mail_delay_pool_users free_mail

...before the delay pool line should cause the lookup to be performed, thereby only delaying access to the sites specified.

In theory.

Chris