Search squid archive

Re: Blacklisting problem, simple fix?

Dave Mullen wrote:

Fellow Users,

I have squid running with a blacklist, but I seem to have found an issue with
my config.  The blacklist lists a domain, but it's not blocking any subdomains
of that domain.  Should it?  Is there an option that turns on this recursion
or something?  For example:

playboy.com is blocked in domains.  www.playboy.com or members.playboy.com are
still reachable.  Shouldn't they be stopped as well as the playboy.com?  Any
thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Dave Mullen

Hello Dave,

You can block the domain with subdomain using regular expression in acl.

acl domain_block dstdom_regex [-i] playboy.com (or)
acl domain_block url_regex [-i]  playboy.com

http_access deny domain_block

Thanks,
Visolve Squid Team,
http://squid.visolve.com