Search squid archive

Re: file descriptor problem

genco yilmaz wrote:

Hi,
  Squid generates the following warning on cache.log file:
WARNING! your cache is running out of filedescriptors.

I know that there is no available FD for squid but I couldn't solve it
yet. I have tried the methods mentioned in squid archive to increase
FD number but nothing changed.

I have added ;
 *               soft   nofile           8192
 *               hard    nofile         65535

lines into the /etc/security/limits.conf file then I have issued
"ulimit -HSn 8192"
to increase the per process file descriptor limit but squid still says
that there is 1024 file descriptor available at startup.

Hello Yilmaz,

Squid might be compiled with 1024 fildescriptors. So You need to set the
ulimit -Hsn  8192
and recompile the squid

Thanks,
Visolve Squid Team,