Search squid archive

Re: Weird problem with Freebsd 6.0+Squid 2.5 Stable12+routers

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006, H wrote:

anyway I think that aufs-pthread-aio in squid is confusing when talking
freeBSD and not so very well documented

aufs does not use aio. It's only the coss driver which uses aio.

BTW I believe pthreads are not so good on FreeBSD at all and work different as
on Linux

It is rumored pthreads on FreeBSD 5 should work fine for aufs, but I have not verified this.

aufs requires a pthreads implementation using kernel threads, allowing multiple threads to be waiting for disk I/O to complete. It does not work with user level threads where the whole process gets blocked if one thread is blocked by disk I/O.

strange also, remembering on FreeBSD without posix-aio loaded, that even if

configure --enable-storeio=diskd,aufs,null --with-aio

gives an error but completes and make goes through, I never tried to run it
then

Which error is seen?

Regards
Henrik