Search squid archive

Re: squidNT 2.5 STABLE10 service not loaded on startup

On Fri, 2 Sep 2005, Guillaume wrote:

hi,
I experience a new problem with squidNT proxy.
I setup the server to reboot every days (near 06:00am) , and on the
startup, the squid service is not loaded. I don't have any errors in
the event viewer (in application, or system).

Anything in cache.log? Most likely it can't find it's visible hostname automatically, and you should set visible_hostname (or unique_hostname) in squid.conf.

the debug is not activated because its in production enviro.

???

Are you saying you have explicitly disabled the cache.log log file, making your Squid run blindly in the dark, or only that you have not set any specific debug options in squid.conf?

disabling cache.log is only recommended if absolutely must (i.e. if there is no writeable disk or ramdisk where cache.log can be saved).

for production use the default debug option setting is recommended, and is what you get if you don't say anything else explicitly in squid.conf.

Regards
Henrik