Search squid archive

Re: Hotmail Login problem with Freebsd + wccpv1 + squid 2.5-stable10

On Mon, 1 Aug 2005, Manoj Rajkarnikar wrote:

Besides, Since we have our Cache servers connected to the edge router and
we have our clients who use routable IPs, NATing outside the interception
is out of question. About the second option, Is there a way to deny
interception of domain names via ACL in cisco routers ??

No. Interception takes place well before the requested domain name is known. You need to build a list of IP addresses and exclude these from interception.

If you have the clients configure their proxy settings then things should work.

Regards
Henrik