Search squid archive

RE: Web Site Authentication

"Chris Robertson" <crobertson@xxxxxxx> wrote on 08/02/2005 02:40:54 PM:

> [...]

Now that's just ridiculous!  So my choices are:
(A) Convince the web site administrator to change their authentication
mechanism,
(B) Don't use a proxy, or
(C) Bypass the proxy for any site that uses NTLM authentication, which
means fiddling with the firewall for a bunch of crappy sites.

Not much of a choice.  There has to be a way around this, otherwise proxy
servers are useless.

Sorry to sound like I'm ranting, but this kind of one vendor breaking
things for others junk is for the birds.

Scott