Search squid archive

Authentication Pop Up Irritant

Hi,

I have configured SMB NTLM Authentication on Squid-2.5.STABLE6 running on Fedora Core 3 having Samba-3.0.8 to authenticate the users against a Windows NT4 PDC. I have further created acls based on usernames to allow them access to only selected sites and deny access to the rest. Whenever the users open the allowed sites through IE they are given access without any popup box for authentication, which was happening while using the MSNT Basic authentication. However, some of these sites have minor content (for example a small image or some data) which is fetched from other sites and whenever such a page is opened the popup box for authentication again appears repeatedly on the display which is irritating most of the users. I want that after the user has been authenticated against the NT PDC, no such popup box should appear and the content from unallowed sites should just be ignored or not displayed at all. Any suggestions ?

Thanks,

Manish Kathuria