Search squid archive

Re: [squid-users] show ips going outside squid

On 5/26/05, Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Ronny wrote:
> > >Hi all am running transparent proxy on  squid 2.5Stable7 but would like
>
> let's call it intercepting proxy.

What happend to the "Transparent Proxy" term. I have been using Squid
for 3 years now and it was always called "Transparent Proxy". After
subscribing to the mailling list all repiles to "Transparent Proxy"
are answered "Intercepting Proxy". I wonder why ?!

I believe there used to be a patch for squid and linux kernel that
enables Squid to masquerade as the client IP when accessing web sites.
I use FreeBSD and there is no such patch for it.

http://www.balabit.com/downloads/tproxy

--
Kind regards
Abu Khaled