Search squid archive

Re: [squid-users] SquidNT: Strange log entries.

Hi,

At 17.38 17/05/2005, Holton, Euan wrote:

Hi fellow Squid users

I've been using Squid NT v2.5 STABLE 7 successfully for some months now,
but I've noticed a few odd entries in cache.log, similar to the
following:

nntlm-atultmh-[a6u8t7h6[]4:6 5s2e]n: dsienngd i'nNgA  'LNoAg oLno gfoani
lfuariel:u ruen:k nuonwknn ouwsne ru snearm en aomre  bor baad dp
apsasswsowrodr.d'. 't ot os qsuqiudi

On first look , it appears to be random garbage, but on looking closer
it is apparent that it is two instances of the text "ntlm-auth[6876]:
sending 'NA Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.' to squid"
(with the [####] varying according to which ntlm-auth helper is writing
the log message) intermingled with each other, suggesting to me that two
different helpers are sending the same message to the log file at the
same time (perhaps directly?).

I've not had a chance to upgrade to the latest STABLE version to see if
this behaviour continues there, but in the meantime is there a simple
change I could make to my squid.conf to avoid this problem in future?

Never seen something similar before. It seems some problem on the communication channel between squid.exe process and the helpers. What was the squid uptime ?
Do you rotate logs ?

A restart of SquidNT service should stop the problem.

Let me to know if this happens again.

Regards

Guido

-
Guido Serassio
Acme Consulting S.r.l. - Microsoft Certified Partner
Via Lucia Savarino, 1           10098 - Rivoli (TO) - ITALY
Tel. : +39.011.9530135  Fax. : +39.011.9781115
Email: guido.serassio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
WWW: http://www.acmeconsulting.it/