Search squid archive

Re: [squid-users] Downloads Slow down

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005, Paulo Andre wrote:

The problem is that they say that this happens at different intervals
with various files, I know that this is a question that is very broad.
But what could I start looking at to troubleshoot this?

First verify the networking of your Squid server

  - Cabling
  - Link speed negotiation with the swithch
  - Interface statistics (Errors / Overruns etc)

Cabling should be good.

Links speed negotiation should indicate 100Mbps full duplex both on the server and the switch.

Interface statistics should show no errors or overruns.

Regards
Henrik