Search squid archive

[squid-users] Help! FATAL: xstrdup: tried to dup a NULL pointer!

Dear all, I´m running Squid on a FC3 SMP, and the server is a Proliant
5500 multiprocessor.
Recently, my squid is terminating abnormally with the following error:

FATAL: xstrdup: tried to dup a NULL pointer!

Squid Cache (Version 2.5.STABLE6): Terminated abnormally.
CPU Usage: 55.150 seconds = 27.885 user + 27.265 sys
Maximum Resident Size: 0 KB
Page faults with physical i/o: 0
Memory usage for squid via mallinfo():
        total space in arena:   76864 KB
        Ordinary blocks:        75991 KB    391 blks
        Small blocks:               0 KB      1 blks
        Holding blocks:          4324 KB      3 blks
        Free Small blocks:          0 KB
        Free Ordinary blocks:     872 KB
        Total in use:           80315 KB 104%
        Total free:               873 KB 1%

I read in the mail list that maybe is a bug, but don´t know if the bug
was fixed on the STABLE 9 version or if is another way to fix it.
Why until these last days Squid doesn´t fail? It is running on a
production enviroment since 3 months ago.
Thanks to all and sorry about my english!

Regards.

Fernando Sclavo.-