Search squid archive

RE: [squid-users] IIS 6.0 and cachemgr.cgi issue

Hi,

At 16.16 25/04/2005, Jeroen DEMETS - SAVACO wrote:

>What user do you use to login on IIS ? It seems that it must have
>administrators privilege to allow cachemgr to run.

Yep, that's it!

I first used IE to browse to the page and this browser can use
integrated authentication towards the webpage. IE automatically
authenticated me on the loginpage for cachemgr as a non-admin-user.

I disabled integrated authentication and allowed only basic. It appears
that only administrators can access the page.

I will configure Squid to only allow access from the localhost as basic
authentication isn't really safe.

Thanks for helping out!

You can still use integrated authentication with auth prompting when using a non administrators users changing the cachemgr.cgi file ACL.
If you remove all users except Administrators and System, you will be prompted.

All problems comes from the new IIS6 process isolation: the cgi application is not allowed to do something external to its process context when is running as a normal user.

I think that is possible to change this behaviour in IIS6, but I still don't have more investigated the problem.

Regards

Guido

-
Guido Serassio
Acme Consulting S.r.l. - Microsoft Certified Partner
Via Lucia Savarino, 1           10098 - Rivoli (TO) - ITALY
Tel. : +39.011.9530135  Fax. : +39.011.9781115
Email: guido.serassio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
WWW: http://www.acmeconsulting.it/