Search squid archive

Re: [squid-users] what the difference b/w htcp / proxy only

Elsen Marc wrote:

cache_peer Mysecondcache sibling 3128 4827 htcp proxy-only
3128 4827 htcp proxy-only

you mean its of no benefit to specify

3128 4827 htcp proxy-only

while configureing cache_peer?

- Depends on your requirements ; htcp is a more advanced inter cache protocol then ICP.

 - proxy-only specifies that objects from the remote cache should not be saved
locally.

So, if you need those : the question is the reverse. Why do you think
that is a better situation for you ?

M.

Frankly I really don't know if htcp is better then ICP while configuring sibling, all we want to achieve "sibling" and yes "proxy-only" would be the best coz all of the caches servers are on the same network/switch.

I thinks there is some sorta lack of communication probably from my side coz I'm not native ya ;)

So what you suggest may I use ICP or HTCP protocol while configuring cache_peer , sibling relationship b/w the cache servers.

Thanks and regards

Askar