Search squid archive

Re: [squid-users] what the difference b/w htcp / proxy only

Elsen Marc wrote:

I'm kinda confuse what would be the best solution to set sibling between cache servers on the same switch/network. We have 3 cache servers that we want to configure to look each other before sending request out "Internet".

Secondly what the difference b/w

1) cache_peer Mysecondcache sibling 3128 4827 htcp proxy-only

and

2) cache_peer Mysecondcache sibling 3128 4827 proxy-only

Is there any benefit of using "htcp" instead of only using "proxy only" as in the second line?

- These directives are unrelated : htcp specifies a type if intercache communication protocol.

no-proxy says that objects from the remote peer should not be saved
locally.

M.

sorry but what do you mean by "unrelated" ?

cache_peer Mysecondcache sibling 3128 4827 htcp proxy-only
3128 4827 htcp proxy-only

you mean its of no benefit to specify

3128 4827 htcp proxy-only

while configureing cache_peer?