Search squid archive

Re: [squid-users] LVS/TUN or LVS/DR

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005, Askar wrote:

and yes all the caches are on the same switch, and we will also put the LVS Director on the same switch with cache servers.
I thinks LVS/DR is what we have to go for ? :) sorry for my stupid question again and again

Yes.

To make this setup simpler the LVS should have three network interfaces

1: Client network

2: Internet

3: Cache servers

or alternatively two

1: Client Network

2: Internet + Cache Servers

Using DR with the cache servers on the same network segment as the client network is a bit tricky. Not if you only do interception, but if you want to provide a proxy address as well (recommended).

Regards
Henrik