Search squid archive

Re: [squid-users] log_fqdn only for external addresses

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005, H Matik wrote:

if configuring with --disable-internal-dns the external dns lookup program
will interact with the OS, is that right and I need to define dns_children ?
This was the standard in older squid versions or am I wrong?

Correct.

So if I understood you this internal DNS resolver is better because gives
better performance?

Correct.

Then it is even better I define hosts_file none in order not to lose time
querying the file before dns?

Using a hosts file does not have any impact on performance. At least not unless your hosts file contains thousands of entries. The hosts file is loaded directly into the ipcache + fqdncache of Squid on startup.

Regards
Henrik