Search squid archive

Re: [squid-users] PURGE problem in squid-2.5.STABLE7

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005, forgetful tan wrote:

But I found it doesn't work in some unknown situation. I PURGE my
squids, and clean my ie's cache,then review the page. It still the old
version. At last, I found if the GET method pass the 'User-Agent:
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; Maxthon; SV1)', then
I'll get the old page. Otherwise, I'll get the new one.

Sounds like your server is using Vary.

How can I PURGE all that cached objects without considering the
User-Agent parameter ?

Not easy. In Squid-2.5 you need to purge each variant explicitly by providing the exact matching request headers in the PURGE request.

If you do not provide any of the Vary based request headers in your PURGE request all you purge is Squids knowledge of what Vary header is used on this URL. As soon as it learns the Vary header again (and assuming it hasn't changed) the cached variants will be found again.

Regards
Henrik