Search squid archive

[squid-users] rotate log hang OSX

greetings
I have been running Squid 2.5Stable7 w/SquidGuard on an OSX server 10.3.7 as a transparent proxy.
System works very well and is very stable, until i execute the squid -k rotate command. the logs rotate, then i get a full system freeze. HTTP packets stop passing, all other packets continue to pass.

I have read about linux problems when compiled with Asyc-io, Not sure if the darwin build has the same problem. But i did compile with Async-IO.
i have tried clearing my redirect statement, then rotate; hangs
restart system, restart squid 'squid -sCd1', then rotate ( actually rotates log then hangs ).

tried manual rotate of logs via cron, with various " which comes firsts " still hang. I suspect i may have to recompile.

any suggestions ?

thanks

jeff donovan
basd network operations