Re: How to make QXL capture the whole desktop area?

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 05, 2022 at 02:42:23PM +0100, Frediano Ziglio wrote:
> Il giorno lun 4 lug 2022 alle ore 18:35 Walter Mitty
> <waltermitty121906@xxxxxxxxx> ha scritto:
> >
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > QXL generates bitmap data which is the updated area. If I wanna  make it capture the whole desktop area, is it possible?
> >
> > Yours,
> > Walter
>

> Hi,
>   it's not clear which component you are talking about. Usually data
> is generated by some userspace tool, passed to QXL driver (OS one)
> which potentially creates a bitmap and passes to Qemu/SPICE QXL. Yes,
> you can use QXL also to capture but usually you just ask the desktop
> manager of your OS to do the capture in a system-independent way, you
> don't need to use QXL specific requests.
>
> Regards,
>   Frediano

From the host side you can also use "screendump" from QEMU over
QMP or even simpler, virsh screenshot <domain> if you use
libvirt.

Cheers,
Victor

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Virtualization]     [Linux Virtualization]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]     [Monitors]