Re: Running SPICE on ppc64le

> The funny part is that I'm *not* on Big Endian, my ppc64 runs Little
> Endian Fedora.
> For some reason spice (and QXL apparently) don't get compiled on
> ppc64le: are you suggesting that if I somehow enable it at compilation
> time then it should work out of the box?
> If so, why did Fedora disable it?
>
> Niccolo'

I suppose for historic reasons and as not much tested to limit the
bugs in case there are issues :-)
I remember QXL was disabled for no Intel machines but I cannot find
that limitation any more (I think was in default-configs directory
of Qemu).

In the RPM spec file there are these lines:

  # Matches spice ExclusiveArch
  %ifarch %{ix86} x86_64 %{arm} aarch64
  %global have_spice   1
  %endif

so I suppose you should force have_spice if you want to recompile the RPM,
like adding "-D 'have_spice 1'" to mock command.

Frediano