Re: Upstream UsbDk?

On Tue, Jan 8, 2019 at 2:44 PM Marc-André Lureau <marcandre.lureau@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi

On Tue, Jan 8, 2019 at 4:39 PM Yuri Benditovich
<yuri.benditovich@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Due to some historical reasons the UsbDk is maintained at https://github.com/daynix/UsbDk and issues there are under monitoring (according to rumors there were some problem with accounts/rights/etc on the freedesktop).
> It looks like there was working mirror at freedesktop but some time ago it stopped working (this might be related to migration of repositories under freedesktop).
> Anyway, filing bugs on https://github.com/daynix/UsbDk is currently the best option as we are not subscribed on notifications of freedesktop.

Ok, so spice usbdk is a mirror and github is the upstream / homepage.
But you do official releases in
https://www.spice-space.org/download/windows/usbdk/ ? This should be
clarified in https://github.com/daynix/UsbDk/blob/master/README.md,
and how to contribute.

The releases are published on spice-space as well as on github (we usually ask people from spice team to place them on spice-space).
Regarding 'how to contribute' - github has 'pull requests' for that.

I think we should remove the obsolete / unmaintained repositories from
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/spice/, it creates unnecessary
confusion.

> Best regards,
> Yuri
>
> On Tue, Jan 8, 2019 at 12:53 PM Marc-André Lureau <marcandre.lureau@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Where is UsbDk officially maintained? What is the homepage? Where
>> should I file bugs?
>>
>> Apparently, https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/spice/win32/usbdk should be
>> the upstream.
>>
>> But Daynix maintains its own on github
>> https://github.com/daynix/UsbDk, which is more recent, and more
>> active, looking at issues activity and commits.
>>
>> But apparently spice was/is the home for release
>> https://www.spice-space.org/download/windows/usbdk/ ?
>>
>> Can this be clarified?
>>
>> (fwiw, I think we could do some cleanups in very old/outdated
>> repositories from https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/spice: delete them or
>> move them to an attic/ subdir?)
>>
>> --
>> Marc-André Lureau