Re: How to send a custom resolution message to windows/linux guest vdagent

On Thu, 2017-03-02 at 03:58 -0300, Thiago Nascimento Araujo wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there a way to send a spice message, connect to pipe, or any other
> method to contact vdservice/vdagent to create/simulate a resize to an
> arbitrary resolution or full screen effect caused by remote-viewer?
>
> Any other ways I can connect to the named pipes (windows guests or
> linux guests) and watch/debug/learn. I cant find or connect to the
> windows guest named pipe and I got connection refused trying to socat
> to a port in linux guest.
>
> I really need some guidance to fully understand how arbitrary
> resolutions are created using win/lnx/spice api.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Or a way to
> ___________________

Hi Thiago,

Seems your message got cut off or something.

My main question is: what is your end goal exactly? You say you're
trying to simulate a resize and therefore you want to connect to a
named pipe to do that. But there are probably better ways to do that,
depending on your final goal. Also note that in recent linux guests,
the vdagent executable is not really involved in the resolution
changing process at all. Once we know what you're actually trying to do
it will probably be easier to help you.

Cheers,
Jonathon