Re: spice-vdagent-win 0.8.0 release

Am 07.11.2016 um 09:10 schrieb Christophe Fergeau:
On Fri, Nov 04, 2016 at 08:48:48PM +0100, Thorsten Kohfeldt wrote:
Binary builds can be found at
https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/teuf/spice-mingw/build/473299/

Nice offer,
but I'm a little confused by that plethora of choices:

3 target releases (F23, F24, rawhide), 2 architectures (x86, x64),
each of them providing 2 _Windows_ binaries (vdservice.exe, vdagent.exe) ...
... which should be equivalent ? ...
... usable on Win-(any)-x86 AND Win-(any)-x64 ?

Yeah, that's a fair point, from my side, I only issued one command and
only uploaded a single srpm, but the copr is configured to build on 3
different distros. The difference in binary content is expected as they
were built against different toolchains (respectively the one which is
in each of these distros).

Which is nice if you want to hunt tool chain bugs, but makes support
an ugly business because of version uncertainties.
BTW,
_all_ binaries' details state 'Version 0.5.1.0, copyright RH 2009'.
Here it would make sense to auto update with the build number, right ?

I've disabled all the various builders now and only kept f25 x86-64. For
now, I would pick one of the f24 builds.

Bad luck,
I tested Win10/x86 with the F23/x86 build and the rawhide/x86 build.

Screen resize / auto guest resolution adaption seems to work (depending
on manual choice of F23 libvirt spice viewer menu settings) as well as
copy/paste of text guest->host and host->guest.

NO improvement on mouse sluggishness though.

Are there more topics to test / what else does spice VDA provide ?

But:
I rpm2cpio-ed them all and those binaries all differ from each other.

Which pair of (vdservice.exe, vdagent.exe) would make it into the
Win-installer on spice-space ?

Would it be possible to add a post processing step to the build chain(s)
which rpm2cpio-extracts the 4 relevant binaries (service and agent in x86
and x64) into a single zip file (or maybe even skip the rpm2cpio but pack
the binaries directly after they were built),
so that zip file can be downloaded directly by the Windows guest ?

Or would we even get those released on the next Fedorapeople ISO (where
I currently cannot find them) ?

Getting these on virtio-win ISO was discussed a bit, but never moved
forward.

I would really love to see that happen, i.e provision of the 4 binaries
I mentioned above in my rpm2cpio -> zip request (here raw, not zipped).

That would allow to install Win drivers, Ballon Service and Spice VDAgent
consistently from one source without having to use the sledge hammer
Spice-Guest-Tools-1.xx.msi (or exe ?) from spice space.
Spice VDAgent seems to be the one missing set of key binaries on that ISO.

Regards,

Thorsten

Christophe