Re: [client 01/10] build-sys: Enable deprecation warnings instead of ignoring them entirely

On Wed, 19 Oct 2016, Pavel Grunt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> this should be the last patch to avoid any compilation issues

Note that this does not create any compilation errors, only compilation
warnings. So putting it first will not break compilation and will show
the warnings being fixed as each other patch gets applied.

Also the patches that locally disable the warnings are useless if this
patch is not applied. I usually prefer to avoid committing such dead
code hence the reverse order.

But I'm not dead set on a specific order. In fact I believe these
patches can really be committed in any order without breaking the build.
So feel free to reorder them to taste.

> > -     -Wno-deprecated-declarations            \
>
> we should keep it, because we don't have much control over the
> generated C code by vala

Ah. Sure if it's vala that needs fixing we should disable the warnings
it generates.

--
Francois Gouget <fgouget@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>