Re: Is Sun putting much effort into supporting the gcc/binutils toolchain on sparc64 ?

David Miller wrote:

> So no, Sun really isn't helping with any actual development.

I don't know what to say. Incredible work David, but quite frankly, I'm
speechless.

I'm sure I can't be the only hardware purchaser asking these questions.
I really like the Niagra and the successors sound even better, but I
can't recommend buying into the platform without solid support for the
OS and toolchain from Sun.

I'm trying to conceive a valid business reason for Sun to be so
dismissive of the (surely massive?) gnu/linux hardware market, (even if
they would rather we used Solaris), but it eludes me completely.

Andrew Walrond
-