Re: [sparc64] Strange interaction between 2.6 kernel and 2.5 (and 2.6) glibc

From: gavin duley <gduley@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 09:45:12 +0000

> On Mon, Jul 30, 2007 at 02:22:35AM -0700, David Miller <davem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > From: gavin duley <gduley@xxxxxxxxxx>
> > Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 09:16:53 +0000
> >
> > > My Sun box is a Sun Ultra 5 with just one processor: a TI UltraSparc
> > > IIi (Sabre). From memory, it is 333MHz with 2MB cache.
> >
> > What exactly is your test case that fails?
>
> The application that hangs on my machine is iceweasel. The machine is
> running Debian testing:

So I installed debian/testing on my ultra5, and ran iceweasel
both remotely over SSH and locally under gnome desktop,
I could get neither to hang.

Now, my ultra5 has a 270MHZ Ultra-IIi compared to your higher
speed chip, but I'm thinking that the cpu type is a red herring.

I think you guys have something enabled or in use in your
installations that I don't.

Do you happen to be using NIS, or NFS, or something unique like that?
If you have some firewalling enabled, can you retest with it disabled?

Thanks.
-