Re: [Systems] Re: Oops in tcp_sendmsg on T[12]000

David Miller wrote:

Ok, I think the following patch is the bug fix.  I'm running a bunch
of further stress testing to make sure this is indeed the cause of
these crashes.

Let me know if you can still trigger the bug with this patch
applied, thanks!

Assuming all goes well I'll push this upstream to Linus and
also to the -stable 2.6.x branches.

[SPARC64]: store-init needs trailing membar.

The manual says that it is required and we actually have crash reports
where loads see stale data due to not having membars here.

In one case the networking does:

	memset(skb, 0, offsetof(struct sk_buff, truesize));

and then some code later checks skb->nohdr for zero, but it's still
the value that was there before the memset().

Been running some intensive network loads on our T2000 for the last couple of hours and indeed this patch seems to fix it. Previously it would trigger an oops in less than 10 minutes.
Thanks.

--
Gustavo Zacarias
Gentoo/SPARC monkey