Re: Oops in tcp_sendmsg on T[12]000

On 3/5/07, David Miller <davem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
From: "Michael Marineau" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 22:41:31 -0800

> On 3/5/07, David Miller <davem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I'd be even more interested if you could reproduce it under
> > Debian or Ubuntu, any release :-)
>
> I'd rather not have to rebuild the box, but I suppose that can be done
> if necessary.

Another way we could do this is someone builds you a test kernel using
your kernel .config on a Debian/Ubuntu box, tar up the modules and
kernel image for you, and you test that.

I'm very suspicious of this bug because there are no reports of it
on Debian or Ubuntu systems, and that's also the environment
under which I've been beating the crap out of Niagara with 2.6.x
kernels.

I twiddled with my kernel configuration a bit to remove the need for
any modules to make building elsewhere and copying it over easier.
With this new config I am no longer able to trigger the bug (ran the
test over night).  I have no idea what change did this, I'll fiddle
more with it as soon as I have time in the next day or two.

--
Michael Marineau
Oregon State University