Re: Oops in tcp_sendmsg on T[12]000

On 3/5/07, David Miller <davem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
From: "Michael Marineau" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 21:22:22 -0800

> I'm not sure where you saw Fedora,

Sorry, that wasn't you, that was from Dennis Gilmore in
the original T1000 crash thread. :-)

this is running Gentoo, but yes the
> compiler is 3.4.6. Newer versions haven't been marked stable in Gentoo
> on sparc yet for some reason. I'll give gcc 4.1.2 a try and see if I
> can still reproduce it.

Built the kernel with gcc 4.1.1 and I got the oops in just a few
minutes, trying a second time now and it is lasting longer this time
around.

I'd be even more interested if you could reproduce it under
Debian or Ubuntu, any release :-)

I'd rather not have to rebuild the box, but I suppose that can be done
if necessary.

--
Michael Marineau
Oregon State University