Reduce distortion?

Hi Jeremy, hi all...

I regularly use Sox to mix different audio channels, and I find it a fantastic
tool.

Now I did some piano home stereo live recording, and the playback reveals here
and there some distortion, probably because the microphones were too close the
piano strings.  Tomorrow I'll try to fix that error, but I like today's
recordings and am sorry to have to throw them away.  Perhaps can Sox help in
some way to reduce the distortion?  Or any other tool?  I suppose also a little
could be all right...

Thanks for any help,

Rodolfo