Re: Loopback latency issue

On Mon, Jul 13, 2020 at 09:52:00PM +0100, Måns Rullgård wrote:
> Jan Stary <hans@xxxxxxxx> writes:
> > On Jul 11 14:12:13, mans@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >> Some effects have additional internal buffers.
> > It seems there is a delay even when just playing
> > default input to default output; even without the effects:
> > 	sox -d -d
> > (So I don't think it's the effect processing that introduces the
> > delay.)
> No, then it's just the main buffer that is set with the --buffer option.

There are some buffers in the kernel and large default buffers in
pulseaudio. I have used only small part of the advice in
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PulseAudio/Troubleshooting
and that decreased the delay from some 1/2 s to few tens of ms if I can
judge by ear. There is more to read there though.

    Modify PulseAudio's configuration file (2/4)

    /etc/pulse/daemon.conf

    default-fragments = 3
    default-fragment-size-msec = 5

    Restart the PulseAudio daemon (3/4)

R.
--
„Walczy on z całym zapamiętaniem przeciwko intelektowi” - z akt personalnych prof. A. Baeumlera