Re: sox/mansr: DSD to PCM

My question: Because we use this conversion to convert music files, which are basically of the very best quality, in a way that goes very far (conversion with influence of noise, time, gain and more ...), a discussion with a 360 degree view of all phenomena would be very helpful, how this can best be done with Sox to get an adequate (here) PCM file. The standard procedure with Xrecode3, for example, is not optimal.

tsepp2000@xxxxxx writes:

> Thank you Mans,
>
> my question was a little more profound. I have linked 3 pictures that show
> the difference between three of many ways. Some filters are also used
> here. My question was about whether someone here has deeper experiences
> and has also made listening comparisons about the highest quality command
> for sox.

The thread you linked is about conversion from PCM to DSD.

> I could not attach my 3 example pictures (Spek): Every file 32 Bit Float,
> Sox-files linear phase. Here the download-link:
> https://www.file-upload.net/download-14089057/DSF2WAV.zip.html
> The Spek-pictures:
> - Xrecode3.png output 352,8kHz File (Standard-output of XRecode3)
>
> - Sox_rate_savL88200_gain_8_lowpass_1_25000_sinc_30000_n43.png
> sox input.dsf -b 32 -e float output.wav rate -s -a -v -L 88200 gain 8
> lowpass -1 25000 sinc -30000 -n 43

That uses the rate effect, then applies some additional low-pass
filtering, presumably to remove the modulator noise.

> - Sox_rate_savL88200.png
> sox input.dsf -b 32 -e float output.wav rate -b 99 -a -v -L 88200

And that's just the rate effect without any additional filtering.

I don't quite understand what you're asking.

--
Måns Rullgård