Re: multitasking

On Wed, Oct 25, 2017 at 9:11 PM, Jeremy Nicoll - ml sox users
<jn.ml.sxu.88@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Have you found some way to extract tiny snippets of audio from some
> copyrighted source, where you can trap a buffer-full (or something)
> before lack of full access stops the rest of the acquisition?

No, not doing anything untoward (I don't think).

I'm trying to move audiobooks (that have been paid for) from the CDs
to something I can listen to without having to walk across the room to
change the disks every so often, and to get distracting announcements
(like which disk we're on) out of the story.

Or to get podcast readings of books in several mp3s into one piece,
again with fewer irrelevant announcements. And with less retelling of
stuff from last week's podcast.

Cdparanoia rips the CDs into a bunch of wav files (often vast numbers
of tiny ones), and the mp3s just need a little un-processing. Both
formats are in many files when sox gets them. No snippets or buffers
or lack of acquisition; it's all there on the disk.

I know that what I'm making could be used for pirating copyrighted
material, but that's not the objective here. I just want the readings
I listen to back in one uninterrupted piece, like they were before
they were chopped up. Like the recordings I made back in my misspent
youth as an audio engineer.

--
Glenn English