Re: concat problem

Jan Stary <hans@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sep 22 16:36:39, ghe2001@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > I ask SoX to concatenate AIFFs, and Mac Air stops at the end of first file.
> > I've written a Python script (first use of SoX)
>
> If you are new to SoX, learn it by running SoX,
> not by writing Python scripts.

I don't see how Python is too much different than Bourne shell,
and it's fairly easy to figure out (I don't know it myself,
either).  I use languages in the same space (Ruby, Perl) heavily.

> > > Can you play the file back with the "play(1)" command in sox on
> > > Jessie?
> >
> > Don't know. The 'big' computer doesn't do sound (yet), so I move the
> > files around on sneaker net.
>
> We don't know what 'big' computer is that and what a 'sneaker net' is
> and how it relates to your aiff problem.
>
> It would also be easier to do audio work
> on a comupter wich has sound. Duh.

Fwiw, I use a crappy netbook to mosh/ssh/sshfs into a more
powerful workstation for audio processing when I'm on the road.

"sneakernet" is a way to transfer files via non-networked means
(USB stick, hard drives in a station wagon, etc).  `dict sneakernet'
on my system refers to entries in foldoc and jargon file.