Re: sox vs libmagic

> > Jan Stary <hans@xxxxxxxx> writes:
> >
> > That's exactly what I am asking: is anyone using it?
> > How exactly are you using it? When have you last used it?

> Måns wrote:
>
> It doesn't matter what I or you have or haven't done.  The
> feature is there, so I must assume that someone is using or least
> has used it. Removing it without good reason would be rude.  It's
> what Gnome developers do.

Too true!  If it's not in the way, or broken, or taking up needed
space or processing - don't remove it.

> > I just believe that it would be beneficial to SoX as a piece of
> > software to drop it entirely. It would be smaller without
> > really losing anything.
>
> It would be losing a feature.  How is that ever beneficial?

I agree.  Every SoX user is NOT on this list to voice an opinion.
I sure get frustrated when a new version of some software removes a
feature I was using.  Maybe I just use software different than
expected.  Anyway, it happens so often I almost expect it - but it
still makes me growl.