Powered by Linux
Re: Smatch mailing list archives — Semantic Matching Tool

Re: Smatch mailing list archives

Generally I just report the bugs and forget about them.  If I send a
patch, then I'll review all the warnings from the file and so maybe I'll
see a case where the bug report was overlooked.

I've only seen one case where we merged a fix and then accidentally
merged the buggy code back again the next week.  All the kernel bots had
marked it as old so the bug wasn't caught until later.

Actually that's not true.  Back in the day there used to be giant SCSI
drivers that did their work out of the tree.  Then twice a year they
would do a massive code dump and over write all the fixes that upstream
had merged.  :P  But that never happens now.

regards,
dan carpenter