Re: draft-york-sipping-p-charge-info-12: ABNF

Yes I knew most of that, and normally I wouldn't have mentioned it - there's nothing wrong with defining a private header for private use in an info RFC, as far as I'm concerned.  And I think RFC 5727 even lets you keep the "P-" portion if it's just documenting known usage or is grandfathered.

But it's the "ATIS is looking at this" part that would make one think perhaps it should NOT be a vendor-specific private-use header.  And that was the spirit in which I was responding to Richard's email, since he mentioned the FCC.  What two consenting adults wants to do is up to them - what the government mandates of all is a bigger deal. ;)

So anyway... to answer your question of how to get it moving faster, it depends on what you want it for - if you just want to document what's been done and not get any input from others, the fastest way is probably to bypass the IETF.  You can just request it be published by the RFC Editor independently, outside of the IETF.  The designated expert reviewer would hopefully pick up on errors.  But I'm not actually sure this draft would qualify if it uses userinfo-params, because as far as I know they'd have to be registered in the Tel-URI param registry which requires a standards-track doc I think. :(

On the other hand, if you want community feedback and are willing to take input/changes to the proposed header, then this discussion should probably move to DISPATCH since that's the new "sipping" list.

-hadriel